Monday 21 June 2010

Stanley Ruiz


I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this log speaker. Immediately taken away by the fact that Stanley merges electronics with raw and organic materials in the same way I do. We share the same enthusiasm and we have both experienced the challenges of hollowing out a tree. I wonder if we share the same methods?!

My only criticism? Why are the speakers laid down? A tree grows up. Sound is best heard projected up. I think the product would be enhanced if it was free standing instead of being placed on dodgy stands or surfaces. The product would also be much more solid and confident.

My other pleasant surprise? Stanley has referred to me and my work as I was nearing the end of reading his profile! That did indeed put a smile on my face.

designed by: Stanley Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment